Health care industry trends manifest an upward growth but several areas need to be attended to for enhancing health care services for the common man.
Different countries like Indonesia, Russia, Mexico, Brazil, India, Turkey and China comprise approximately 1/5th of the worldwide health care sales. Health care industry trends also suggest that the medical related conditions in the developing countries which are chronic in nature, will be similar to the ones existing in the developed countries. In order to meet international standards, the existing health care industry is required to alter the mode of operation for generation of higher revenue and greater contribution to the Gross Domestic Product of the country.
Facts about the health care industry trends:
- The cost related to health care was seen to rise in the 90s. Americans not possessing any health care coverage or any kind of health insurance attained the 42 million mark.
- It has been anticipated that the elderly sick people will impose considerable stress on the health care sector of US.
- The total number of different health care programs and different health care insurance coverages are likely to increase in the coming years. There has been an escalation in the medical plans from 42.5 million in the year 2006. The health care industry trends also show that it is likely to attain 70.2 million in the year 2025.
- The health care industry trends also indicate that the expenses for preventive measures is negligible as compared to the amount spent on treating chronic diseases which accounts for 70% of the fund used for health care.
- Trends suggest that there are very less Americans (around 23%) who make an effort to prevent any lifestyle diseases by consuming the optimum level of vegetable and fruits.