Affin Bank Credit Card Malaysia is available with the brand logo of Visa or MasterCard. Affin Bank credit cards are low interest rate credit cards. The interest on these cards range from 9.99% to 17.50% per annum. The bank does not charge any annual fee on these cards.
Affin Bank Credit Card Malaysia: Issuer’s History
Affin Bank Berhad, popularly known as Affin Bank, is an ancillary of Affin Holdings Berhad. Established in January 2001, it is a small anchor bank. However, it has grown into a network of 82 branches across Malaysia in 2009. The bank is listed on Bursa, Malaysia. It launched its subsidiary, Affin Islamic Bank Berhad, in 2006.
Affin Bank Credit Card Malaysia: Types
Affin Bank Credit Card Malaysia is available in seven different versions to cater to various income groups:
Affin Bank MasterCard Classic and Affin Bank Visa Classic
- Travel insurance cover up to RM250,000
- Complementary travel inconvenience cover up to RM500 and RM1,000, respectively
- Zero liability on lost card
- Protection from online fraud
- Up to 30% discount on car rentals across the nation
Affin Bank MasterCard Gold and Affin Bank Visa Gold
- Travel insurance cover up to RM500,000
- Free insurance for travel inconvenience up to RM1,000 and RM2,000, respectively
- Up to 5% cash rebate on purchases and payments with the card
- Flexible repayment option, as low as 5% of outstanding amount
BH Petrol Touch & Fuel MasterCard
- Low finance charges at 15% per annum or 1.25% per month
- Low balance transfer rate of 6.88% per annum for the initial six months
- Cash rebate of up to 0.8% on credit purchases
- Free petrol credit of RM20
- Accidental travel insurance up to RM30,000
Affin Bank Touch ‘n Go MasterCard Classic/Gold
The Touch n’ Go MasterCard can be used across the highways of Malaysia, select parking sites, theme parks and public transportation. This card is suitable for low value transactions with high frequency. Cardholders can save time, since they can use dedicated lanes for paying the toll tax.
Affin Bank Credit Card Malaysia comes with a protection plan called ‘Affin Protector.’ It pays up to RM50,000 in the event of complete disability or death of the cardholder against the full outstanding balance on the credit card.
MasterCard’ is a trademark of the MasterCard Company, who can be found at www.mastercard.com/sea/
‘Visa’ and ‘Visa Cards’ are trademarks of the Visa Company, who can be found at www.visa-asia.com/ap/sea/
‘Affin Bank Credit Cards’ are trademarks of the Affin Bank Berhad, who can be found at www.affinbank.com.my/