Country Analysis, Country Analyses, Countries Analysis
Country analysis involves the examination and interpretation of a nationâ€™s economic, social and political environment. The analysis offers a comprehensive overview of a country.
Country analysis is useful for:
Factors Considered in a Country Analysis
A country analysis is often conducted through country reports researched by professional government or independent firms, such as the Economist Intelligence Unit, World Bank and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Some of the data points considered in a country analysis are:
- Economic Indicators: Indicators such as gross domestic product (GDP), consumer price index (CPI), inflation rate and producer price index (PPI) help in gauging a countryâ€™s economic health. High GDP growth, low inflation and high CPI are favorable for companies and investors. These indicators also reflect job availability and standard of living in the country.
- Government Policy: Governments often introduce policies and programs to promote the growth of certain industries. Favorable government policies (such as subsidies and tax rebates) attract multinational and domestic companies.
- Industry Association Support: An industry association not only works towards enhancing opportunities, but also lobbies the government for easing regulations.
- Financial Markets: The extent of regulations, liquidity and volatility determine how reliable the financial markets in a country are. The efficiency of the financial market is a critical determinant of the risks faced by companies and investors.
- Trading Conditions: Poor trading conditions adversely impact the profit generating capabilities of businesses.
- Human Capital: The availability of skilled human resource and the salaries drawn by them reflects the heath of a country.
- Infrastructure: This includes data points such as condition of roads, number of ports, educational institutions, penetration of the Internet and availability of support services.
- Political Scenario: Political stability offers a favorable backdrop for businesses to thrive. The political climate and risks and the future developments form critical data points for decision making.
Country analysis reports are usually made for a specific industry. Understanding the current environment and predicting trends further the prospects of a business or an individual investor.