Hong Leong Bank Credit Card Malaysia is issued by Hong Leong Bank, which is one of the leading local banks in Malaysia, with more than 100 years of banking experience. Hong Leong Bank Berhad began its operations in 1905, under the name of Kwong Lee Mortgage & Remittance Company in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. In January 1994, the Hong Leong Group acquired MUI Bank and in October Hong Leong Bank was listed in on the KL Stock Exchange.
The bank has won numerous awards and recognitions, such as Asia's Best Companies Award 2002 by FinanceAsia, Best E-Banking Project 2007 and Best Credit Card Product Award 2006 by Asian Banker.
Hong Leong Bank Malaysia Credit Cards
Hong Leong Credit Cards keep offering new promotions and privileges to new and existing card holders. Some of the most popular cards include:
Hong Leong Gold Credit Card:
- Annual interest rate of 6.99% on balance transfers for the cardholder’s lifetime.
- Extended Payment Plan (EPP) – 0% interest installment plan of 6 or 12 months.
- Hong Leong Club rewards exclusively for priority banking customers.
- Air Travel Accident coverage of up to RM500,000 for air tickets purchased with the card.
- Air travel inconvenience costs.
Hong Leong ACCCIM Card:
- No annual fee
- Credit limit of up to RM300,000
- Extended payment plan
- Travel insurance coverage of up to RM500,000
- Contactless card
- Discounts and privileges for exclusive business partners
Hong Leong American Express Classic Credit Card:
- Complimentary travel insurance coverage of up to RM350,000
- Free travel inconvenience insurance compensation of up to RM1,500
- Reward points are doubled on every purchase made overseas.
- Credit card bills can be paid at Hong Leong Bank (HLB) branches, HLB online, through phone banking or direct debit.
Hong Leong Platinum Credit Card:
- Cash rebate of up to 2% every month
- High credit limit of up to RM300,000
- Travel protection of up to RM2,000,000
- Purchase Protection Plan of up to RM10,000 per event
- 30% discount on car parking at 1 Utama Shopping Centre
- Special Forex rates
Find out more about Malaysia's Top 10 Credit Cards according to our readers on EconomyWatch below.