Issued by GE Money Bank (GEMB), the Walmart card comes in two variants, the regular and the Discover card. Business customers can also apply for the corporate version of both cards. They can add up to 99 authorized cardholders on one card. Government agencies and non-profit organizations can apply for community credit cards.
Features and benefits of Walmart Credit Cards
The various features and benefits associated with the regular Walmart credit card include:
- Regular Wal Mart credit cards are subject to an APR of 9.87%, 15.87% or 19.87%.
In addition to the above mentioned pointers, the Wal-Mart Discover card has some exclusive features and benefits, such as:
- APR of 9.87%, 15.87% and 18.87%, which is decided at the time of credit approval.
- Cash backs equivalent to 1% of the purchase amount.
- Global acceptance at all locations that have an embossed Discover Network Acceptance Mark.
- The percentages at which rewards are extended are determined how much the cardholder spends. Purchases up to $1,500 yield a reward percentage of 0.25% and total purchases between $1,500.01 and $3,000 are eligible for reward percentages of 0.50%. Reward percentage of 1% is applicable on purchases worth $3,000 and above.
- The discount offer extended at gas stations is not applicable in Puerto Rico.
- Cash advances that are given by the regular Wal Mart credit card have an upper limit of $65. Additionally, cardholders will be given one cash advance per day.
Wal Mart Credit Cards: Restrictions
The features and benefits that are offered by Walmart credit cards are subject to certain restrictions, such as:
How to apply for a Walmart Card
Anybody with a fair credit history can apply for a Walmart card either online or by visiting the local store. Usually, an applicant with a FICO score of more than 665 gets approved. The decision about the credit approval is delivered on the spot. After the approval, the credit card is usually dispatched within one to two weeks from the date of application.
‘Walmart Card’ is a trademark of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc, who can be found at www.walmart.com
‘Discover card’ is a trademark of Discover Financial Services, who can be found at www.disoverfinancial.com
Find out more about Walmart Credit Card.