Issued by GE Money Bank (GEMB), the Walmart card comes in two variants, the regular and the Discover card. Business customers can also apply for the corporate version of both cards. They can add up to 99 authorized cardholders on one card. Government agencies and non-profit organizations can apply for community credit cards.
Features and benefits of Walmart Credit Cards
The various features and benefits associated with the regular Walmart credit card include:
No annual fee.
No liability in case of fraudulent transactions.
Savings of up to 3¢ on every gallon that is purchased at participating gas stations of Wal Mart.
Cash advances of up to $100 on every Wal Mart purchase.
25-day grace period.
Over limit and returned check fee of $25.
- Regular Wal Mart credit cards are subject to an APR of 9.87%, 15.87% or 19.87%.
In addition to the above mentioned pointers, the Wal-Mart Discover card has some exclusive features and benefits, such as:
- APR of 9.87%, 15.87% and 18.87%, which is decided at the time of credit approval.
- Cash backs equivalent to 1% of the purchase amount.
- Global acceptance at all locations that have an embossed Discover Network Acceptance Mark.
- The percentages at which rewards are extended are determined how much the cardholder spends. Purchases up to $1,500 yield a reward percentage of 0.25% and total purchases between $1,500.01 and $3,000 are eligible for reward percentages of 0.50%. Reward percentage of 1% is applicable on purchases worth $3,000 and above.
- The discount offer extended at gas stations is not applicable in Puerto Rico.
- Cash advances that are given by the regular Wal Mart credit card have an upper limit of $65. Additionally, cardholders will be given one cash advance per day.
Wal Mart Credit Cards: Restrictions
The features and benefits that are offered by Walmart credit cards are subject to certain restrictions, such as: