Users of Capital One credit cards have the option of making payments online via the bank’s Online Banking service. The online payments of Capital One’s credit cards are reflected in your account:
- The same day, if you have credited the amount before 3pm ET from Monday through Saturday.
- The next day, if the transaction is made after 3pm ET from Monday through Friday.
- On Monday, if the online transaction is carried out after 3pm ET on Saturday.
- On Monday, if the online transaction is carried out on Sunday.
Capital One Credit Card Payment Online: Steps
One can make online payments of Capital One credit card dues through the following steps:
- Visit http://capitalone.ca/.
- If you are a first time user, click on the Not Registered link on the right pane of the screen.
- The screen displays various options for which you can enroll. Click on the Enroll link next to the Credit Card option.
- Go through the terms and conditions of the bank and click on the “I have read and agree to the Online Banking Terms and Conditions” checkbox.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Enter the information related to your account number from which you want to make payments and click on the Continue button.
- Input the User Profile and click on the Continue button.
- Enter security questions that will be later used to verify your identity and click on the Continue button.
- Click on the “Continue to Account Summary” button.
- The screen displays the list of your credit cards registered with the Capital One Online Banking service. If you have not yet registered your credit card account with the Online Banking service, click on the “Add an account to this list” link. Through this option, you can link your credit card account with your online account.
- If the screen does not display your credit card account, you can search by clicking on the “Click here to search for another one” link and add the account. If the screen already displays your account, click on the checkbox next to it and click on the “Link These Accounts” button.
- Click on the “Continue to Accounts Summary” button. This credit card account must then be linked with your account from which you would make the payments.
- Click on the Pay My Bill button displayed besides the credit card account for which you want to make a payment.
- Type in the payment details. Select the account number from which you want to pay the dues.
- Specify the payment date and the payment amount. You can choose to pay the minimum balance, the entire amount due or specify your own figure through the requisite radio buttons.
- Click on “Continue to Step 2” button.
- Verify the details and click on the Approve button. You can also make changes in the payment details by clicking on the Edit button.
- You can click on the Transactions & Details link to view whether the transaction has completed. If not, you can click on the View Pending Payments button to check the payment status.
You can make only one online payment per day for each credit card account. You can have only one online pending payment per credit card at any given time.
Find more information for Canada Credit Card Payment Online on EconomyWatch below.