Though the National Bank of Ethiopia was founded in the year 1963, still it started its operation in the year 1964. Since then the bank has been functioning with a strong vision of making the bank one among the most reputable bank in African region.
The Monetary and Banking Proclamation of 1994 follows the way for establishing the National Bank of Ethiopia as a juridical body. Important responsibilities of the bank are as follows:
- Issuing currency and Paper Notes
- Promoting Monetary Stability
- Supervising commercial banks
- Managing Foreign Exchange Reserves
- Acting as an agent to the Government
- Fixing the Exchange rates
Apart from this, the bank also works in some of the diversified areas with a view to strengthen the economic base of the country's economy.
The address and the contact details of the Bank of Albania is as follows:
National Bank of Ethiopia
Address: P.O. Box 5550 Addis Abeba ETHIOPIA Phone No.: ++251-01-51 74 30 Fax: ++251-1-51 45 88