Bank of Russia or the Central Bank of the Russian Federation is the central bank of the country. The bank was founded in the year 1990. Since then the bank has been operating as an independent institution with an objective of ensuring stability in the national currency.
Important objectives of the bank are as follows:
- Issuing the currencies and managing them
- Implementing the monetary policy
- Making rules for the payment system
- Operating the banking system smoothly
- Holding the international reserves
- Conducting banking operations
Apart from this, the bank is also responsible for maintaining an interest rate structure, which is consistent with the scale of economic activity in the country.
The Address and Contact details of the bank is as follows:
Central Bank of Russia
Address: Ul. Neglinnaya, 12 Moscow 103016 RUSSIA
Fax: ++7-095-921 91 47