Central Bank of Jordan is the Central Bank of Jordan. The central bank of Jordan started its operation in the year 1964. Though the Government owns the bank, still it possesses an independent status of decision-making.
The bank has been operating with an objective of maintaining the monetary stability in the country and promoting the economic development in the country.
Important objectives of the bank are as follows:
- Issuing of Bank notes
- Maintaining the foreign exchanges and gold reserves of the country
- Acting as a banker and fiscal agent to the Government
- Keeping on credibility of the banking system of the country
- Implementing fiscal and economic policies
- Regulating the credit system in the country
Apart from this, the bank is also responsible for maintaining an interest rate structure, which is consistent with the scale of economic activity in the country.
The Address and Contact details of the bank is as follows:
Central Bank of Jordan
Address: P.O. Box 37 Amman 11118 JORDAN
Phone No.: ++962-6-463 03 01-9
Fax: ++962-6-463 88 89